Can we disable/avoid the continous update of the content while resizing a pane?

Mar 5, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Hi guys.

I really feel that i have to repost a previous issue set by few people:

AvalonDock seems to only update the content of the panes continously while resizing. This causes huge delays until finally resizes the whole GUI. (several seconds depending on the number of objects of the content). I understand that one of the reason that this happens to my application is that i hosted DIRECT X, that refreshes also continously upon resizing of the pane.

However, all should be much better if we could: have the ability to show only the position of the resizing bar, without refreshing/showing the contents of the pane and the update to happen when the mouse is released only once (e.g like Visual studio)

Ado, can you help?  I am sure that you would do many users of Avalondock very happy, and more comfortable to use this excelent library!

Thank you in advance

Louis

Mar 8, 2010 at 11:23 PM

hi again...

following my previous request (show a splitter bar instead of continous update),  i want to mention that if my WindowsHost (Direct X) has a few hundreds of objects to render, any resizing of the panel, or floating window, freezes for more than 30 seconds!

Has anyone experienced this also?

L