This project is read-only.

Reliability of this control??

Mar 24, 2010 at 9:30 PM

Hi Guys,

It appear you guys are using this components activity in your projects but I found the components explode if you just down load the package (from the download section) and run it and try to close one of the dock window. It is not just PC, many other in other site had a same experience. We tried others docking control from 3<sup>rd</sup> party (paid one evaluation version) and had a positive response. We have proper .NET 3.5 SP1 install etc. One of the Issue tracker Title is requiredhttp://avalondock.codeplex.com/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=9894, according to the author it is just a simple null check but that is also not a proper solution. NullReferenceException on clicking Close Button.

Do you guys happy with the reliability of this components?

Sushil

Thanks

Mar 25, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Hi Sushil,

I use this library in a project (see http://avalondock.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=204106) and I'm happy with that.
Before I used a commercail Docking-Suite. It worked quite good but didn't had the WinForms support and you need it when you do some things with DirectX.

Ado did a great job. And don't forget: He did it in his spare time.

So: Yes I'm happy with that.

Juergen

Mar 25, 2010 at 12:25 AM

Hi Juergen,

Thanks for your feedback, I am very surprise that if I or you (just for the sake of discussion) down the install from Codeplex.com and run the demo app and close one of the window, demo application crash and the crash is not in demo app rather in AvalonDock library. I was surprised how can someone publish a software package which crash on its demo application. I also heard from my team memebers they notice some flickers (they do have a latest & greatest laptop so H/W is not an issue).

I would like to get some feed back from the author on this.

Thanks

Sushil

Mar 25, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Hi feisushil,

first thank you for using AvalonDock. Unfortunately I'm working hard these months for a big project at work and I make my best to fix any (or at least most voted) issues found on AvalonDock, but not always I have time to build the MSI to release.

Have you tried to download from SVN the latest build?

Regarding flicker problems, as I said in response to some other users, it is caused by the need for the library to support WinForms control. However nothing prevents you to change sorce code in order to improve library perfomances.

Ado