This project is read-only.

How to prevent floating??

Jun 24, 2010 at 6:03 AM

Hi all,

I am trying to prevent one of my DockableContent from floating. Is there any way to lock floating option or lock down actual content? I am currently creating WPF application using AvalonDock 1.2 with MS Expression Blen 3 and VS2008 and also tried Espression 4 with AvalonDock 1.3 however could not find anything useful. I have found some people using 'IsFloating' but i do not have such method. Do i need extra library or dll file to reference for that? If there is any demo or sample code, I am happy to dig in and find way to do this.

Moreover, when I put 2 dockableContent inside on DockablePane there are 2 tabs underneath. Is there any way to show those tabs on the top instead of bottom?

Sorry for asking many question at once and hope someone may help me to gain more konwledge and skills about WPF application and AvalonDock.

Cheers :)

Aaron

Jun 24, 2010 at 4:33 PM

sorry no options is available at the moment to prevent a dockablkecontent from floating.

Actually there is a property called DockableContentStyle that is intented for this scope but it's not used at the moment. You can instead IsFloatingAllowed for document contents to disallow document floating,

Ado

Jun 25, 2010 at 1:30 PM

ops, didn't see last question, you need to restyle the DockablePane control, for an example se the ExpressionDark theme.

Ado

Jun 29, 2010 at 2:03 AM
Edited Jun 29, 2010 at 2:03 AM

Thank you for answering my question, I really appreciate it and it helped me a lot.

Cheers! :)

Aaron

Jun 29, 2010 at 8:29 AM
This is a nice feature and it would be really nice if it is implemented in DockableContent or even higher in the hierarchy, not only in DocumentContent.