[1.2] Content disappear in floating windows

Jul 8, 2010 at 9:01 AM
Edited Jul 8, 2010 at 9:10 AM

Hello,

I sometime "loose" contents when draging to a floating window: There is 3 way to create a floating window: Drag a DockableContent, drag a DocumentContent and drag a DockablePane. If I drag a DockablePane everything is OK and I can see the contents that are in the pane. But if I drag a content, Dockable or Document, I no longer see the content, the new FloatingWindow is empty. The content itself is not loosed: I see it again when re-docking the window and other elements such as title for instance are visibble.

The problem is not coming from Avalon - of course - but from the way I manage Avalon objects. Our project is SofaWPF (in Codeplex) and we have many constraints that make panes and content creations quite complicated.

I checked and compared the 2 DockableFloatingWindow constructors and did not notice any significant differences neither something going wrong...

Did anybody already have such problems ?

Bernard

Jul 8, 2010 at 3:00 PM

I also notice the floating windows loses its content. I think it has to do with the DockablePane losing its data binding when it turns into FloatingWindow. Also,on .NET 3.5 binaries with ExpressionDark theme you don't see anything, and the other themes throw an exception about DefaultAvalonDockImageStyle.

Jul 9, 2010 at 12:20 PM

I describe again the problem, in a different way: The DockableContent is docked in a DocumentPane and I drag it: It looses its content. I drop it in a DockablePane: The content is back. I drag it: The content is still there. I drop it in a DocumentPane and drag it again: It looses its content: This does not depent on the DockableContent itself but where does it come from.

TWebster, you are talking about data binding. I guess it is not the data binding between a DependencyProperty and business data but some kind of link between a graphical item and its logical/visual ancersor in the logical or visual tree. The nfact is that nothing of the DockableContent is visible, its background for instance is also invisible.

I am still interested in all your ideas ...

Bernard