Adding "Float" to right click pop up menu for Document Content

Mar 11, 2011 at 9:01 AM

Hi,

I want to make my Document Content Windows Floatable, which I have figured out how to do.

However, I was like the user to have this option available in the pop up menu when you right click a DocumentContent Window. Ideally, as another option in the menu that already exist when you right click the tab at the top of the Document Content Window.

Can anyone point out where in the base code this bit of code is? And also, if there is a reason why I should not put this option in there.

Cheers

Jay

P.S I am building a complex UI in WPF for a client of mine. My experience with Avalon Dock has been excellent so far. Your examples have been the most help in me learning about how to use the tool kit, please keep adding to these. (I am happy to contribute also!)

If we get a fully working solution I am sure I can persuade my client will make a donation for this software. Keep up the excellent work on this toolkit, it's much appreciated.

Mar 11, 2011 at 10:22 AM

Hi,

you can have a look at DocumentContent public void Show(bool showAsFloatingWindow).

Keep in mind a new object is created when it starts floating.

Let me know if it works, I am interested in the answer to the 2nd part of your question, "And also, if there is a reason why I should not put this option in there" ...

Hope this helps

Bernard from Sofa, an AvalonDock wrapper.