Somebody knifed my Navigator Window

Apr 4, 2011 at 10:55 PM

I love this library; however I have a problem.  I can't believe I have this problem, but since I do, I can't believe nobody else has had this problem.  My NavigatorWindow looks like someone took a knife diagonally down from the upper-left to the lower-right corner and slid the right-hand portion of the window down a few pixels.  The severity of the slice seems to have something to do with the size of the parent window, but there really is no consistency.  I can make this happen in my app and all the samples.  This is an absolute show stopper, and I will definitely have to come up with a fix somewhere in the AvalonDock source.  Hopefully someone has already dealt with this issue.  If you want to see a screen shot email me at sbj@sbjcat.com and I'll send it to you.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

PS I just found this post which illustrates the problem in a different context, but it will give you the visual. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4695538/why-is-wpf-rendering-my-controls-with-a-diagonal-split

Apr 5, 2011 at 4:18 PM

After more research, this seems to be a problem stemming from the use of the DropShadowEffect.  Don't ask me why, but I changed the size of the NavigatorWindow and the problem went away.  If anyone has more information I'd love to hear it.