Offer of help

May 29, 2008 at 1:41 PM
Hi, You are started developing the great library and we thank you for this.

But then we tested it in the our product, and found out that it has some bugs.

For example, our product needs to have some docked managers (not one but more) and ability to swap them hurriedly. The DockingManager processes the Unload event, but doesn't process Load then it’s shown again. We made some changes in the library and its works fine now. Also we're working at persistent support and can share it then it will be done.

Do You need this help and how we can upload our changes if you need it?
May 29, 2008 at 3:57 PM
Hi, thank you very much for your offer. First I can say you that persistence support is available from version 1.1 that i'm going to post.
If you want to share your code with the community, just send me the modified version with some explanations and I try to intergrate in AvalonDock.
For minor bugs you found use the Issue tracker section, posting also the fixing code :)
In this way users of the library can see what bugs are present at which release and optionally leave them the opportunty to upgrade.

Anyway from now I'll start working on multiple docking manager supprot, trying to include it in the next release.

Let me know what do you think!

May 29, 2008 at 4:23 PM
I've sent the suggestion for DockingManager to the Issue tracker and can send the code with some edition of the persistent support, but I don't know how it can be done by this site :)