[Version 2.0] Moving documents between DockManagers

Apr 30, 2012 at 6:25 AM

Is there a plan to support moving documents from one DockManager to another?

Building on that a second question: will there be a Visual Studio like experience where a floating window defines its own DockManager?

May 3, 2012 at 7:54 AM
Hi Tobias,
Actually a similar question has been already answered (http://avalondock.codeplex.com/discussions/351718).
What you are referring to is I suppose a new feature of VS 11 that is still in beta. Even if all components to implement such feature are quite ready in current version of AvalonDock, I’m working to complete all the basic functionalities and release it before the end of May. During this summer and according to the release of VS 11, I’m planning to work on these new features as well as to a porting of code to WPF 4.5 still in beta right now.
Anyway if you are able to develop such feature in current version, please post it as a patch and I will integrate it.
Thanks,
Ado
May 3, 2012 at 2:45 PM

Hi Ado,

sorry - I missed that post somehow. I also missed, that it is indeed possible to undock anchorables and combine them (s.f. your example with the properties and explorer pane). The only thing missing is indeed this anchorables-feature for documents.

Thank you for hinting this to me,

Tobias