This project is read-only.

[Version 2] Confused...

May 21, 2012 at 11:25 AM
Edited May 21, 2012 at 11:28 AM

I basically want my window to consist of 2 flyout docked panels down the left side of the screen, and a TabControl filling the rest. Sounds simple... (and i'm sure it is!).

I'm not completely there with WPF yet, so I am struggling with some basic things still, so bear with me.

The only problem is I need full control over the tab control, including the header (obviously I don't want the avalon dock tab headers visible). So far I have got the flyout windows working, but I haven't worked out how to get the tab control into the main part of the dock manager.

The closest I have got is to create a control template for the LayoutDocumentPane and put the tab control inside this, but I am filling the tabcontrol with prism regions at runtime and for some reason this doesn't work when I do it this way.

Can someone help me with this while I still have hair left on my head??

Thanks

May 21, 2012 at 11:44 AM

a couple of questions: do you need floating windows able to dock inside the tabcontrol? or to the right of the main window?
It seems like that you don't need at all AvalonDock, are you sure that something like this http://navigationpane.codeplex.com/ is not the way to go in your scenario?

May 21, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Hi. Thanks for that reply. I think navigation pane will be a good alternative.

Ideally, I would like to make full use of avalon dock, and have all the tab items dockable, but this doesn't seem feasible as I can't get full control of the tab items. What I am trying to do is an Internet Explorer style app where the right tab opens up other tabs (so I need to be able to restyle the header). The tab items contain only a prism region (added at runtime), which then load a prism module - so again this seemed to cause me issues.

I suspect if I was more profficient with WPF I would have cracked it by now, but on top of that I don't understand how the avalon dock layout works so it's a bit beyond me!