Autohide - very bad drawing

Oct 16, 2008 at 8:56 AM
Hello,
I'm starting to use your component and it is very nice, thanks a lot.

When using the Autohide feature, when the content appear or disappear, the drawing is very bad (we see the border of the content drawn several times staying drawn - animation not smooth).

Do you use a DrawingBrush to perform the animation ? (will be much better taht changing the size of the content)

The feature is working (Autohide), but not nice drawn and gives a bad impression to the user.

Thanks
Didier
Oct 16, 2008 at 2:44 PM
Hi, yes I know of such problems but I'm afraid that no much more can be do to reduce them. The main problem here is WinForms. To support such controls I had to move all underlying objects (like autohidden panes) to a different window and animate it changing its size (yes I change the size). Resulting animation is absolutely not smooth, expecially for pane anchored to the bottom/right (in this case I need to change Left/Top properties too). Mixing WPF and WinForms is never a good thing.
Anyway I'm heavy working on version 2 of AvalonDock which removes support for WinForms controls but boosts (among other features) a much more smoothly animations for panes.

Thanks to you, Ado
Oct 16, 2008 at 2:57 PM
Hi,

Ok, thanks. WinForm needs no longer support ;-) (we drop all, all in WPF ...)

Check DrawingBrush for your animation, should boost/smoothen the animation.

I will start with actual version, has glitches but already pretty nice component: THANKS A LOT.

Bye,
Didier
Oct 21, 2008 at 9:04 AM
Hello,

Will you maintain 'compatibility' in term of interfaces in your version 2.x ?

Any idea of release plan ? (this year or 2009 ...)

Thanks for your work, great job !
Bye
Didier
Mar 25, 2009 at 9:50 AM
This issue is going to be fixed in next coming release 1.2. Thx. Ado