[Version 2.0] Issue with re-ordering tabs

Nov 25, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Hi,

I am creating an application that allows a user to open several documents at once within multiple tabs. This is working very well up until the user tries to change the order of the tabs. I have tried this out on the test applications provided so I know it's not just a funny issue with my code. I will try to explain the issue the best I can.

For this example, we'll have 5 tabs open. When the user clicks the SECOND tab and drags it along the row of tabs (without un-docking it into it's own window) and drops it on the end so that it is the last tab in the row this works as intended.  However, when you then click on the content of the tab you just moved, the SECOND tab in the list is selected.

There is a pattern in this as well. If you move the FIRST tab to anywhere in the list and then select the content, the active item is automatically changed to the FIRST tab in the row. If you select the LAST tab and move it to be first,and click anywhere inside the content, the active tab suddenly changes back to the LAST tab in the row.

On a side note, has anyone managed to work out how to detect if the user has double clicked on a tab header? It's an existing feature of our current application tabs and it would be nice to be able to do it in our new application.

Avalon dock is very cool by the way, keep up the excellent work.

James.

Nov 26, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Fixed in latest release, thanks for reporting the issue,

Ado

Nov 26, 2012 at 9:52 AM

That's great.

Thanks for the quick update.