[Version 2.0] Initialization Issue

Jun 5, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Hi everyone,

I am having an issue where my application launches without issue when run as a separate process, but when it is launched through COM interop, the application fails with a cryptic System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException error.

If, however, I remove the following code from the XAML of my main window, the application launches fine both as a separate process and through COM interop, but I cannot control my layout.
            <avalonDock:LayoutRoot>
                <avalonDock:LayoutPanel Orientation="Vertical">
                    <avalonDock:LayoutDocumentPane>
                    </avalonDock:LayoutDocumentPane>
                    <avalonDock:LayoutAnchorablePane DockHeight="200">
                    </avalonDock:LayoutAnchorablePane>
                </avalonDock:LayoutPanel>
            </avalonDock:LayoutRoot>
When stepping through the application with a debugger, the exception occurs stepping out of the (empty) default constructor for the LayoutPanel class.

The inner exception from the exception is below.
   at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006SchemaContext.ResolveBamlType(BamlType bamlType, Int16 typeId)
   at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006SchemaContext.GetXamlType(Int16 typeId)
   at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006SchemaContext.GetProperty(Int16 propertyId, Boolean isAttached)
   at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006Reader.Process_ContentProperty()
   at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006Reader.Process_OneBamlRecord()
   at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006Reader.Process_BamlRecords()
   at System.Windows.Baml2006.Baml2006Reader.Read()
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.TransformNodes(XamlReader xamlReader, XamlObjectWriter xamlWriter, Boolean onlyLoadOneNode, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Boolean shouldPassLineNumberInfo, IXamlLineInfo xamlLineInfo, IXamlLineInfoConsumer xamlLineInfoConsumer, XamlContextStack`1 stack, IStyleConnector styleConnector)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)"  string
Hopefully, someone here has seen this before and has an idea as I have so-far been unable to solve it. Thanks!
Jun 25, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Edited Jun 25, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Hi there,

I've encountered the same issue and reportet it
Due the fact I didn't get yet any answer I'm currently play around and try now to debug through the source code.

If I'll find something, I'll inform you.