AutoHidden panes never show again

Nov 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Hi,

I'm using the DockingManager to place various panes. If I click on the pin locking a pane in place, it is collapsed and it's title is dispayed at the corresponding edge of the window. But I can never re-open the pane again. Clicking on it, nothing happens.

When I click a header of an autohidden pane, the following shows up in the DEBUG window:

LayoutAutoHideWindowControl.Show()
LayoutAutoHideWindowControl.Hide()
DockingManager.OnMouseLeftButtonDown([12;28])
SetFocusOnLastElement(focused=False, model=Xceed.Wpf.AvalonDock.Layout.LayoutAnchorable, element=)

What am I missing?

regards, Tilli
Jan 5 at 2:03 PM
I found that it seems to be a collision with the MahApps.Metro theme. If I change my window from a MetroWindow to a regular one, it works again.
Jan 11 at 10:55 PM
I am also having this same issue. Any ideas on what may be causing the problem?
Jan 12 at 7:07 AM

Hi rmonty, yes, see my previous post. It was the MetroWindow from MahApps, which causes the collision. I was not able to locate the exact problem. But not inheriting from MetroWindow solved the problem for me (with the drawback of not having the metro style window). Regards, Tilli

Mar 18 at 1:58 PM
Hi Guys,

I had the same issue. The root cause of the issue seems to be that MahApps has transparency behaviour enable by default. So eventhough the dock window is shown on the UI it is not visible beacuse it is transparent. This link shows how to use behaviours in MahApps.

There is a property called AllowsTransparency which needs to be set as "False".
<behaviours:BorderlessWindowBehavior AllowsTransparency="False" ResizeWithGrip="True"/>
Hope it helps!
Mar 19 at 8:04 PM

Hi, great, thanks for the workaround!

Apr 2 at 1:47 PM
works great! Did you also manage to get the Pin working aswell? I cannot pin by touch. I must use the mouse. The mouse-over effect also is not working when working with touch (fingers).