This project is read-only.

Some bugs and incomprehensibilities

Feb 17, 2009 at 12:50 PM
Edited Feb 17, 2009 at 12:55 PM

Hi,

I seem to find several bugs and incomprehensibilities.

(Sorry for my poor English).

1. There is one AutoHide content. If show this content, that FlyoutPaneWindow will be created.

- If call RestoreLayout while FlyoutPaneWindow is opened, that several similar AutoHide contents will be created.

- If call RestoreLayout during FlyoutPaneWindow closing, that program generates exception: “System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException was unhandled” in function ToggleAutoHide (line 1374))”

Cope with problem by added some code in DetachContentFromDockingManager function:

if (content.State == DockableContentState.AutoHide)

{

HideAutoHideWindow(); //Added string

if ((content.Parent as DockablePane).Items.Count == 1)

ToggleAutoHide(content.Parent as DockablePane);

}

2. Use your project AvalonDockTest. The ObjectExplorer window docks to DocumentPane and then return on previous place. After that, the DockableContent background will become transparent as DocumentContent.

3. What is necessary to do DockableContent located in DocumentPane not transparent?

4. Window can be full hide, when splitter moving. It is not good.

5. Situation: More than two DockablePane are docked on one side of DockingManager. If do panel (second from left) as AutoHide and then do as Dockable (several times), that this panel will become less and less.

6. Use your project AvalonDockTest. Do any one content as AutoHide and other as FloatingWindow. When AutoHide window is focused and when there is overlapping of these windows, AutoHide window drawn above FloatingWindow.

7. Set focus on AutoHide window with WinForms content (WinForms element must be focused). Then set focus on any other window. But window with WinForms content is not closed.

8. May be, when setting panels size, use the proportion (relative to DockingManager size). If DockingManager size is changed, then all docked panels is changed their own size. I seem that this will be able to help in decision of the other problems.

Thanks!

Feb 27, 2009 at 3:04 PM
Hi,

1. I knew about this bug, thank you for your suggestion, I'll fix it in next release.
2. Please can you specify better what do you mean?
3. I don't know if correctly understood, anyway that behaviour happens because dockablecontent background is transparent by default.
4. Thanks for you suggestion.
5. I tried and it seems to work fine,
6. This is a known problem related to WinForms compatibility, hope in next version it will fixed.
7. Yes it's a bug, thank you for your feedback

Thanks to you, Ado
Mar 2, 2009 at 8:04 AM
Edited Mar 2, 2009 at 8:31 AM

Thanks, Ado!

I try to rewrite some questions once more (more understandable).

2. Try to run your test project AvalonDockTest, dock ObjectExplorer window to DocumentPane and then return it to the previous place. After that DockableContent background of ObjectExplorer window becomes transparent as DocumentContent.

3. How to make DockableContent located in DocumentPane opaque (non-transparent)?

5. Situation: More than two DockablePane are docked to bottom side of DockingManager (in one ResizingPanel). If make pane (second from left) as AutoHide and then make it as Dockable several times you will see that pane will become smaller each time.

By the way, I don’t know if correctly understood, your answers numbers (6,7) are equivalent to my questions numbers (6,7).

If it’s true, that problem number 6 is existing not only in WinForms and what do you think about my 8 suggestion?

If it’s false, that one of my question has not your answer.

When are you planned next AvalonDock release?

Thanks!

Eugene.