No visible design when inheriting DockableContent

Jul 9, 2009 at 9:17 AM

Hi,

First of all I'd like to thank you with your work on AvalonDock, it's really nice.

I'm trying to seperate my code in to seperate windows as I did previously when using another docking library with WinForms. Problem is that though I can load my controls properly when inheriting from DockableContent I cannot see anything of the window in designmode, it only shows a little cross in the middle marking the corners of the 'would be window'. Is this an issue, something I can do anything about or is it simply Visual Studio (2008 SP 1 with Resharper) being uncooperative?

Thanks a lot.

Oct 13, 2009 at 11:36 AM

Did anyone ever work out a response to this?

I've got exactly the same behavior and would love it if you could inherit from DockableContent/DocumentContent and still use Visual Studio 2K8 or Blend to visually design your view.

Thanks.

Oct 13, 2009 at 11:53 AM

I haven't been able to find any answers unfortunatly.

I've started out having the contents as windows and then just rewriting them to inherit the DockableContent when the design is finished.

An improvement of this would be greatly appreciated!

Oct 13, 2009 at 3:08 PM

Hi,

I've just posted a new release on SVN that fixes this problem

Ado

Oct 13, 2009 at 3:16 PM

Looks good to me, in fact, I'd go as far as to say it's flippin' brilliant!!!!

Oct 13, 2009 at 8:09 PM

So wonderful, thanks a lot!

Oct 26, 2009 at 12:50 PM

Hi,

I use version 1.2.2681 (lastest) and I still have that problem: I see nothing in an inheriting DocumentContent control (only tab with DocumentContent.Title).

This is my control :

<ad:DocumentContent x:Class="Test.DocumentTest"
    xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"
    xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"
    xmlns:ad="clr-namespace:AvalonDock;assembly=AvalonDock">

<DockPanel LastChildFill="True">
        <TextBlock Text="Test" DockPanel.Dock="Bottom"/>
    </DockPanel>
</ad:DocumentContent>

If I register DocumentContent.Loaded event with a method, this method is never called.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Oct 26, 2009 at 1:07 PM

Sorry,

I just forgot to call InitializeComponent in constructor... ;-) It works very well.