Docking direction/alignment problem

Feb 12, 2010 at 2:28 PM

When i click on auto-hide/pin button in the dockable pane, why does the dockable content dock towards the left side of the pane? how to i force it to dock towards the right side?

Feb 18, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Thats a really good question.... It doesn't seem to be able to dock to the bottom or the right.  

Feb 18, 2010 at 4:45 PM

My dockable content always goes to the top??

Feb 18, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I got the content to go to the right by the following code

private void dockManager_Loaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
        {
            dockManager.Anchor(paneSetup, AvalonDock.AnchorStyle.Left);
        }

but that doesn't work for docking to the left (at least I couldn't get it to work).

Feb 22, 2010 at 1:54 PM

Adding a document viewer to my layout fixed this problem for me.

Feb 22, 2010 at 2:29 PM

ptaylor,

Just to make sure I understand you correctly, you wrapped your DockableContent with a DocumentViewer?

Feb 23, 2010 at 11:35 AM

When I was having the problem I only had docakable panes in my layout.  I decided to replace one of the elements w/ a document pane so that I had 2 dockable panes and a document pane and a bunch of the oddities I was having went away.

Mar 23, 2010 at 1:39 AM

I'm having the same issue.  My app doesn't require a document pane but does have a requirement that a docking pane on the right, AutoHide to the right like the default for the solution explorer in Visual Studio .  Is there a way to do this without a dockument pane?  Specifically in XAML?   This seems to be a bug.

Kindest regards,

-LT

Mar 23, 2010 at 8:07 PM

OK, after fighting with this for quite a while I went ahead and followed your lead and broke down and used a document pane.  Seems as though the docking pane should behave in the same manner, but as long as the end result is that my panes on the right AutoHide to the right I guess it doesn't matter.