Welcome to early alpha release of AvalonDock 2.0
I've completely rewritten AvalonDock in order to take full advantage of the MVVM pattern.
New version also boost a lot of new features:
1) Deep separation between model and layout.
2) Full WPF binding support thanks to unified logical tree between main docking manager, auto-hide windows and floating windows.
3) Support for Aero semi-maximized windows feature.
4) Support for multiple panes in the same floating windows.
For a short list of new features please refer to this article: Version2ConceptPlease note that this release is not intended for production scenarios as is still an alpha version.
Even if at the moment there is no documentation nor full sample tutorials, I’ve created two sample project that shows the potential
of the library in two common scenarios. If you are in the way of starting a new project please consider to integrate the new version.
When a production ready release of the library will be available, I’ll publish it in nuget.
There is no ETA for the final version but a reasonable time frame is 2 months.
Known issues of this version:
1) No theming support
2) No menus language localization
3) No DPI support
4) No RTL support
5) Limited functionalities on auto hide windowsALL YOUR SUGGESTIONS/BUG REPORTING ARE WELCOME!