This project is read-only.

Inconsistent Panel Behaviour

Apr 6, 2010 at 4:25 AM

HI,

I've been trying to figure out how the sizing of the panels work. I downloaded the AvalonDock.Tutorials and if I run the sample I get

the desired effect: EG:  a narrow fixed size left dockablepanel, a documentpanel covering most of the window. In all the code I've looked at I cannot

find anywhere where this is set? EG: the % width, height or fixed width height.

If I then run the same sample but reference a dll of avalondock which I compiled, the panels all come up evenly spaced in the window. This makes sense but is not

what I want, how do I make it behave as the tutorial code. I am obviously missing something but don't know what or why there is a difference in behaviour.

Any clues appreciated, thanks.

BTW: The version I compiled is AvalonDock 1.2.2691

thanks

Apr 6, 2010 at 3:48 PM

I have a very similar problem.  I inherited the following code that was written against AvalonDock 1.1.1714.0 :

<ad:DockingManager x:Name="myDockingManager" >
                <ad:ResizingPanel Orientation="Horizontal" >
                    <ad:DockablePane x:Name="BatchQueryDockPane" Width="200" MaxWidth="200"  HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" >
                        <ad:DockableContent ad:ResizingPanel.ResizeWidth="200" x:Name="BatchQueryDockContent" Title="Batch Queries" DockableStyle="LeftBorder,RightBorder,AutoHide" >
                            <Grid  MaxWidth="200" Width="200" MinWidth="200" >
                                <Grid.RowDefinitions>
                                    <RowDefinition Height="100*"/>
                                    <RowDefinition Height="Auto"/>
                                </Grid.RowDefinitions>
                                <ctrl:BatchQueryPanel  x:Name="batchqueryPanel" Grid.Row="0" />
                                <Image Grid.Row="1" Source="/images/logo.png"/>
                            </Grid>
                        </ad:DockableContent>
                    </ad:DockablePane>
                    <ctrl:QueryTabPanel x:Name="myTabQueryPanel" AllowDrop="False"/>
                </ad:ResizingPanel>
            </ad:DockingManager>

This displayed a DockablePane on the left of width 200 and QueryTabPanel took up the rest of the space.  When I tried this with AvalonDock 1.2.2691.0, the DockablePane and QueryTabPanel became of equal width.  I am trying to get the DockablePane to size 200 again, but it's not working.  Any help would be much appreciated!