Version AvalonDock 1.3.3384 problems?

Jun 19, 2010 at 11:57 AM

Hi,

I'm using version AvalonDock 1.3.3384 with Visual Studio 2010 under Windows 7.

If I try the first sample application provided with the download, it seems that there is something wrong with the screen positions when resizing. If I click with the mouse cursor on a divider in a resizingpanel, the resizing occurs in another location!

Is this a known issue?

Kind regards,

Ludwig

Jun 19, 2010 at 1:04 PM

Hi,

no  it is not a known issue, could you please specify better what you mean with another location? in an another direction?

Ado

Jun 19, 2010 at 8:03 PM
Edited Jun 19, 2010 at 8:08 PM

Hi, thanks for the reply. Well, I uploaded a picture http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/5457/sampledg.jpg that shows the problem. I click the divider and when I move the mouse the indicator is in another location; so there is a difference between the real divider and the actual moving indicator. I hope you understand what I mean ;)

Edit: I have more information. In Windows 7, you can set the font-size in control panel/Appearance and personalization/make text and other items larger or smaller; and it was set to 125%. If I set it to 100%, the resizing works as expected. So AvalonDock appears not to take into account this windows setting I guess...

Jun 21, 2010 at 8:43 AM

Hi,

thank you for the feedback, I'll investigate the problem and soon will be available a fix,

Ado

Jun 23, 2010 at 11:26 AM

Fixed in 1.3.3500,

ado

Jun 23, 2010 at 12:44 PM
Edited Jun 24, 2010 at 10:27 AM

Hi,

thanks for the fix! I tried it and now the dragging itself works fine, except for one thing: after the drag, the resized position is not the exact position of the last mouse pointer. For example, I resize a splitter to the middle of the screen, but after I released the mouse button the position of the splitter is about 100 pixels lower/higher than the mouse position at which I released the mouse button. I hope you understand :)