This project is read-only.

RestoreLayout question

Jun 24, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Hi,

let's say I create a view with 5 docckable contents. I use SaveLayout to save the layout to an xml file, and at startup I use RestoreLayout to restore the layout again. This works fine.

Then I add a new dockable content to the view. When I restart the application, the saved layout is loaded but the new dockable content is not visible. Probably because it only loads the saved dockable contents...

When I delete the xml file and start again, the new dockable content is visible.

So I was wondering if this is normal behavior? And how can I make sure that a newly added docable content becomes visible when it has not yet been saved to the xlm file?

Thanks!

Jun 24, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Yes it's a normal behaviour, contents that are not present in a layout restored is automatically hidden so you should call DockableContent.Show() on each of them.

Ado

Jun 24, 2010 at 8:22 PM
adospace wrote:

Yes it's a normal behaviour, contents that are not present in a layout restored is automatically hidden so you should call DockableContent.Show() on each of them.

Ado

Thanks Ado, I just found out while reading the getting started tutorial :) Thanks!