This project is read-only.

Making a FloatingWindow creates an Exception

Jul 13, 2010 at 9:20 AM

First, I have to say Thank you for your greate Docking library.

Second, My question is,

I have two document views. Say first document is A, second document is B.

Making A to FloatingWindow using mouse operation is OK.

However, same operation to B creates an InvalidOperationException -- Cannot set Owner property to a window that has been closed.

What is the problem? Do you have any information for it ?

Jul 13, 2010 at 2:53 PM
Could you please post some code XAML + code behind that reproduces the problem? Which version are you using? Ado
Jul 15, 2010 at 3:06 AM

Upps, It was solved, but I don't know how could I solve it. 

Feb 14, 2012 at 6:27 AM
Edited Feb 14, 2012 at 6:28 AM

I recently starting using AvalonDock and have experienced this issue as well.  I have 4 DockablePanes in my XAML.  3 of them host DockableContent defined in separate XAML files.  1 of them only hosts a databound Image control so I didn't think it needed its own XAML file.  

The error occurs only when I attempt to restore the layout automatically when the program loads (in the Activated event of the main window).

When I restore the layout in the Activated event I get the error when I attempt to make the image pane a floating window.  If I don't restore the layout in the Activated event and instead use a menu command to restore the layout, the pane is able to dock and undock without error.

I was able to resolve this issue by moving the Image control into a separate XAML file, but I don't think this should really be necessary and it would be nice to get this fixed at some point.  Since this post was the first thing that came up when searching for this error I figured the additional info might be helpful to anyone else that encounters it.