RequestDocumentClose gone?

Nov 8, 2010 at 10:03 AM

I'm using V 1.3.3571.0 and the RequestDocumentClose that I use in a different version seems to be gone?

Main reason that I'm looking for it is that I'm running into an exception when I try to redock a DocumentContent inside the DockingManager and I'm assuming it's a lack of the RequestDocumentClose being handled as that seems to be the only big difference between the projects.

Am I the only one experiencing that crash when moving DocumentContent (or Right Click and choose a New Horizontal Tab Group)? I get an InvalidOperationException with as details: Element already has a logical parent. It must be detached from the old parent before it is attached to a new one.

Thanks for any help (and most of all thanks for the great component of course!)

Nov 8, 2010 at 11:07 AM

The RequestDocumentClose is still nowhere to be found, but the initial issue is solved.

I previously had the documentPane directly within the DockingManager:

<avalon:DockingManager DocumentsSource="{Binding Path=DocumentContents}">
			<avalon:DocumentPane x:Name="docPane" Background="White" SelectedItem="{Binding Path=SelectedTab}"/>
       </avalon:DockingManager>

which caused an issue when I wanted to move a DocumentContent around. When I embedded it within two ResizingPanels the issue is gone.

<avalon:DockingManager DocumentsSource="{Binding Path=DocumentContents}">
            <avalon:ResizingPanel Orientation="Vertical">
                <avalon:ResizingPanel Orientation="Horizontal">
                    <avalon:DocumentPane x:Name="docPane" Background="White" SelectedItem="{Binding Path=SelectedTab}"/>
                </avalon:ResizingPanel>
            </avalon:ResizingPanel>
        </avalon:DockingManager>