Assembly in last release?

Jun 3, 2008 at 7:23 PM
I just downloaded the last release and can't find the assembly in there anywhere. Is it missing from the install?

Thanks,
Rod Yager
Jun 3, 2008 at 7:44 PM
Hi Rod, did you install the msi file? if so AvalonDock.dll is installed into the GAC of your system, and controls from AvalonDock should be visible into the VS2008 toolbox (in vs2005 you have to add them by your self).
If you downloaded the rar file, maybe you have to build the solution AvalonDock.sln that should be included in it.
Jun 3, 2008 at 8:10 PM
Yes, I installed the msi. I even checked the GAC through the .NET 2.0 config. Still didn't find it. Does it have anything to do with the fact that I have VS 2005 and 2008 installed?
Jun 3, 2008 at 8:16 PM
OK, I guess I just lied. I do see it now in the GAC but the reference is broken in the sample project. I remove it and try to add it from the .NET reference tab and that is where I am not seeing it.
Jun 4, 2008 at 9:29 AM
I can confirm that this is an issue. Setup doesn't install AvalonDock.dll into %PROGRAMS FILES%\AvalonDock so TCI for VS2008 can't work properly. This bug will be fixed in next release. Thankyou
Jun 6, 2008 at 8:25 AM
From version 1.1.1121 AvalonDock.dll should be correctly located into folder %PROGRAMS FILES%\AvalonDock.