Active Document Content

Sep 2, 2008 at 3:31 PM
Hi adospace,
In my application, I use DocumentPane to display a list of projects. For example, let's say two projects are displayed in the DocumentPane. As DocumentContent is dockable inside a DocumentPane, I can drag one of the two projects above and dock it somewhere inside the DocumentPane. This results two DocumentPane, each of which contains one project.

Now the problem is,  In each DocumentPane, each project is highlighted as 'Active'. What I want is that there can only be ONE active project much like the behavior of Visual Studio. And the focus is in one DocumentPane and I click on any element in another DocumentPane, like a text box etc., the active project should be changed as well.

Any hints would be really appreciated!

Sep 2, 2008 at 4:34 PM
Yes this is an old issue with low priority that I'm going to fix. In next release you'll find a property that returns the active document (only one). Thanks, Ado
Sep 2, 2008 at 4:52 PM
Hi adospace,
thanks for your quick reply! An improvemenent for this would be perfect . In fact, I was trying to do that the whole day but failed :D
Do you have any hints where must I change to archieve that? I will have to deliver my project soon!

Thanks in advance!

Sep 5, 2008 at 11:23 AM
Hi adospace again,
I've managed it to change the Avalon code to archieve that behavior above. The solution is, however, is still rather ad-hoc. For the moment, it fullfills my requirements. I will make an update when your next release comes.