[Version 2.0] MVVM, Binding & Properties

Apr 13, 2012 at 9:14 AM

Hi !

I'm using AvalonDock version 2.0a (90212), and try to manage some fixed pane (that can be managed/interacted outside avalondock) on a side, and documents collection on the other side

I've tried to bind some fixed pane (anchorable pane)'s properties (like IsSelected, IsActive, or whatelse) from my viewmodel, and noticed that none of them can be binded : no Dependency Property / Dependecy Object :/

I guess I can handle PropertyChanging / PropertyChanged event, but it isn't really a satisfying way :(

Is this planned ? Or will there be more exposed events ?

'Love your work, keep going on :)

Apr 14, 2012 at 1:00 PM

Hi,
IsSelected or IsActive are not dependency properties because they only can be used as source property in a binding. Anyway I'm not sure what you are trying to do, have you tried to start from the samples? or could you please explain better your scenario?

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Hi again.

What I'm trying to do is a togglebutton commanding the visual state of my pane. I.E : a button that is highlighted when the pane is shown/docked ; a click on it can show/dock ( or recreate if closed) the associated pane if not highlighted. Hide (push it on a side) the associated pane if highlighted.

Do you see what I mean ?