[2.0] It is possible to disable floating support for Documents?

Apr 17, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Hi,

first of all many thanks for this lot of work you are doing on this great project.

Secondly i have some "posibility" Questions.

1. It is possible to disable the docking/floating/dragging of Documents in the Control, so that only Anchorables can be float?
  2. It is possible to disable specific docking positions, so that an object only could be docked at the right Side of an application?
  3. It is possible to Hide/Show the AnchorablePane (AnchorableGroup) at Runtime, so that a ToolWindow is visible if the user wants to? Every Time i tried to clear my AnchorableSource (MVVM) the Place wehre the Anchorables are located is empty, but the group is still visible.

I hope i pointed out my Questions clearly. 

Apr 17, 2012 at 11:21 AM

1) At moment there is no direct support other than restyle the document tab items.

2) No, actually this feature is also quite difficult to implement because anchorables could be grouped together in a floating window and then anchored to a border of the docking manager. Disabling a docking option for one of the dragged anchorable will also disable the option for the other too.

3) An anchorable pane should be hidden/removed if contained contents are removed. So what you are describing appears to be a bug. I'll do some test to reproduce the problem.

Jun 13, 2012 at 4:05 PM
Edited Jun 13, 2012 at 4:06 PM

For point 1, I hopped disabling FloatCommand will work :p

Maybe add a CanFloat property to LayoutContent ?