[Version 2.0] Docking inside document area of anchorable as document or anchorable

May 10, 2012 at 7:17 PM

I'd like to se the same behaviour of visual studio in docking of an anchorable inside the document area.

I have a left area with on top a document group and in the bottom an anchorable, in the right I have an anchorable with the full height. I create this layout in the xaml but if I move the anchorable in the bottom left, under the document area, I can't reposition this panel in it original place, it's possible to position it on the botton of the document group area (but only in a document group) or I can put it on the bottom as an anchorable but it will have the full with.

It will be very nice in this situation, an anchorable docking inside a document to have the 4 anchorable at full with or height (top, bottom, left and right of the docking manager), the 5 position inside the document (center, top, bottom, left and right using the document layout) and the 4 anchorable position at the margin of document (top, bottom, left and right as anchorable located 4 new position to extend the cross dock panel image in the center of the panel)  

May 12, 2012 at 1:22 PM

As a general suggestion in the case would to arrange the layout as you prefer than save the layout in xml file than at startup of your application load the layout file. This initially layout could then be embedded as resource.

May 12, 2012 at 1:59 PM

At the startup I have no problem, as it load as I have programmed in the xaml, but if the user change the layout he can't rearrange the anchorables as the initial position because he can't set an anchorable in the bottom of a document group, without set it inside the documents group.

It seem that miss an option for the user (if you try in visual studio docking, there is this possibility)

I can explain it much precisely with some images, if I can send it to you.

May 12, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Ok, maybe I've understood, please check out the VS2010 theme, you should be able to dock at the bottom of the document pane as an anchorable (default theme doesn't allow it)

May 12, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Thanks, I haven't test it on the VS2010 theme, and all works ok.

Perhaps it will be nice to have it event on the base theme, thanks