Expand your examples

Sep 12, 2008 at 4:47 PM
If I were you, I would expand the examples. Your examples (at least, what I found) all define the windows directly in the xaml itself. What I needed (and maybe others) was an example how to define dockable contents. In the main window, you don't want to worry about icons, titles or even worse, content of a dockable content.

What I did was create a custom control and changed the baseclass from UserControl to DockableContent. I also modified the xaml code so it defined a DockableContent class. Now, I can easily define a window. The reason I needed this was because I have built a add-in system (with the user of System.AddIn) which defines the dockable contents.

Another small thing:

In your example (Demo.xaml.cs), _dockingManager_PropertyChanged, you check multiple times whether an object is null. If you have checked it in the same line where you check for the propertynam, you don't have to check for null again 1 line after that. It's just a small optimization however.
Sep 13, 2008 at 2:02 PM
If you want a "bigger" sample, check out the alpha builds of SharpDevelop 4.0: screenshot. Our build server has source code and installers for Mirador (at the end of the page).

Chris