This project is read-only.

[Version 2.0] Add New Document button on the document group on the side of the documents tab header like web browser

May 14, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Hi, it's possible to add a button at the side of the header of the document inside a LayoutDocumentPaneGroup to bind a command to open a new document like there is on the web browsers?

May 18, 2012 at 9:44 AM

Bump.

I was just wondering the same thing. I was wanting the same thing as IE tabs so that clicking the far right tab header will open another one. did you find a way around this yet?

May 18, 2012 at 10:02 AM

you can edit Template to add button with your own command.

find ControlTemplate for LayoutDocumentPaneControl and add the button here.

May 19, 2012 at 5:43 AM

Thanks for the reply.

I'm fairly new to WPF so still not sure exactly what to do.

I have got the very latest code down, and I have found LayoutDocumentPaneControl ControlTemplate - there is a lot of xaml in this template and i'm not quite sure where to begin with changing it.

I found the ItemContainerStyle inside this which applies to a TabItem so I thought this would be a good place to start. I tried setting the header here, but that didn't work.

So, firstly, do I need to copy that control template entirely into my project then change the whole thing?

Secondly, can anyone tell me what part of this template I need to change just to change the header of the tab items?

Thanks in advance.