This project is read-only.

CommandBindings

Sep 23, 2008 at 6:51 PM
When you AutoHide a DockableContent, the CommandBindings do not work.   How do I make this work?
Sep 25, 2008 at 2:20 PM
Consider that a dockable content when autohidden is placed into an other window just over dockingmanager. Which CommandBindings collection are you using? Is commandbindings working when your dockable content is in a floating window?
Oct 2, 2008 at 5:34 AM
Edited Oct 2, 2008 at 5:34 AM
When the docked window is made floating, the CommandBindings do NOT work.  I was able to get this to work by putting all my content and CommandBindings into a Page, which is navigated to by a Frame on the Window.

EX: 

(Window1.xaml)
<

ad:DockableContent Title="blah">
<Frame x:Name="navigator">
</Frame>
</ad:DockableContent>

(in Constructor of window)
pageTest tmpPage = new pageTest();
navigator.Navigate(tmpPage);

Don't know if I like making simple windows this way.........

Jul 30, 2010 at 8:37 PM
Edited Jul 30, 2010 at 8:49 PM

I am also getting same problem. Whenever the DockableContent is in autohide mode, all the controls in it gets disabled! I even tried creating a simple user control with few controls on it with some command bindings. It also faced the same problem when loaded into a dockable content. I am not sure it this is bug in AvalonDock or we are coding in a wrong way! 

Can  any body help me in this please?

Aug 4, 2010 at 1:10 PM

I have the same problem with CommandBindings, but even in a normal dockablecontent window.  If it have two separate dockable panes and then I set the focus to one that is not the one with command bindings, all of the bound commands get disabled.

Aug 6, 2010 at 5:20 PM
Just use this code: // Re-query whether the user is allowed to execute commands CommandManager.InvalidateRequerySuggested();
Aug 9, 2010 at 4:26 AM
GeertvanHorrik wrote:
Just use this code: // Re-query whether the user is allowed to execute commands CommandManager.InvalidateRequerySuggested();

I am doing that. The problem is that if you navigate to another DockableContent element, the commands that are bound in the previous one are disabled. Even with the InvalidateRequerySuggested.
Aug 9, 2010 at 8:50 PM
I've narrowed down the problem further. I have a reproducible test application that I can supply. I don't see an attachment link here, so I don't know how to get it to you. My issue is that I have a user control that I have as the only element in a DockableContent element. The user control has the command bindings defined. They are only active when the DockableContent that contains them has focus and at least one of the other items in the user control is focused.
Aug 12, 2010 at 8:00 AM

You can create a new issue, there you can add attachments.

Aug 12, 2010 at 2:02 PM

I think it already has been reported, so I included my file in with the original issue:

http://avalondock.codeplex.com/workitem/6340

Thanks

Nov 10, 2010 at 8:09 PM

I'm having a similar issue with normal DockableContent window. however, when I embed the DockableContent window inside another window, it works just fine.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4148571

Nov 12, 2010 at 2:13 AM

This turned out to be due to the CommandTarget={Binding MainWindow, Source={StaticResource App.Current}} evaluating to null. It was because I was creating window sin the Constructor of the window, rather than OnLoaded