DocumentPane - Several issues/questions

Oct 22, 2008 at 4:21 PM
Edited Oct 22, 2008 at 4:22 PM
Hello,
I've some questions regarding behavior of DocumentPane with several DocumentContent in it:
  • Is it possible to limit the width of the tab at the top ? (putting "..." in the middle or other - like VS)
  • I've tried to set an Icon to the DocumentContent, it dosen't appear ? (I'm waiting for it in the tab ...)
  • DocumentContent: I've set a ToolTip on it, but when moving inside the document, sometime the TooTip text is appearing ... ?
  • How ca I do to make appear the InfoTip ? (dosn't exactly understand waht is it ...)
Thanks for your component.
Bye
Didier
Oct 22, 2008 at 5:29 PM
Hi here your answers:

• Yes is posssible but you need to change default style for DocumentPane and add a MaxWidth constraint.
  • By default DocumentContent icon appears only in document list menu as happen in VS. You can of course change this replacing the default style for DocumentPane
  • Yes if you set a tooltip for DocumentContent it appears every time you move mouse over it and no other controls handle mousemove event....but probabily I didn't understand you question.
  • InfoTip is a property of type string that is usually shown by the navigator window (pressing Ctrl+Tab) and give a short information about the document (for example the path of the file). ContentTypeDescription is used instead to describe the type of the document and is also shown by the nav window.

Ado 

Oct 28, 2008 at 8:43 AM
Hello,

Thanks for your answers.
  • 3rd bullet (ToolTip): if I move the mouse inside the document (the document is containing a complex explorer composed from several controls), the tooltip is apperaing inside the document. I only want the ToolTip to appear whe I go on the tab (at the top). Anyway to configure that ?
Other 'issue':
  • When you move a tab by mouse drag (meaning displacing it in the tab pane), if your mouse cursor is outside the tabs, the document is undocked. It should only be undocked when you move out of the tab pane, not out of tabs themselves (VS behaviour is fine - in your component, the document is too easily undocked). This only my point of view ...
Thanks for your great work
Bye
Didier