Support for Silverlight

Oct 28, 2008 at 10:45 AM
Hi Guys,

It seems like there is no built-in support for Silverlight in AvalonDock. Anyone got any pointers on how to make it work for Silverlight 2.0? Can't we just separate the dependent code (required for support for Windows Forms Controls)?

Thanks in advance!
Jun 25, 2009 at 2:25 PM

Hi

I also have the same requirement for an AvalonDock control in Silverlight. Does anyone know if there is any plans to convert the existing docking components to Silverlight or possible add support XBAP in the future?

Thank you

www.geoplan.com

Mar 3, 2010 at 2:01 AM

I would be happy to do this (or at least to try to do it), but I'd have to know if someone have done it already or if there's some WIP or plan do it (soon)?

Apr 2, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Hi guys, I've been searching around to find Open Source implementations of docking/ribbon controls for a non-commercial project and no I dont believe there is an open source docking manager for silverlight. There are commercial implementations, see Telerik Radcontrols and DivElements Sandribbon for Silverlight. However they're pretty expensive!

Unfortunatelty the process to port to silverlight can be labourious. So much so when I do dual-targetting projects now I tend to start with silverlight and work backwards - its way easier that way!

Good luck though, would be really interested to see this happen :)

Jul 4, 2010 at 11:14 PM

Does anyone know if any older versions would work as a xbap solution?

Jul 5, 2010 at 1:19 AM

Currently I'm running vs2008 w/ .net 3.5

For anyone interested, I've found I've been able to run as a xbap given full trust using changeset 55751 (1.2) source code, only having to change DockingManager.cs 

OnDragLeave - >mainWindow.Activate();

to

mainWindow.Focus();

I'll update if I find ways to utilize with silverlight.  ps - love this project ;)

Dec 1, 2010 at 7:24 PM

Hi,

Any updates on this ?

Regards,

Dec 1, 2010 at 8:44 PM

My Project's direction has been moved as with my efforts.  I haven't figured out anything further

Regards,