Document Pane scroll abiltiy

Aug 21, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Hi,

I need the ability to scroll through the documents tabs that have been created. Is there a way to do that?

Currently to get to hidden documents in the the document pane I have to expand the application. Not as user-friendly.

Thanks.

Aug 21, 2009 at 10:38 PM

I don't know excactly what you need?

If I understand you right, try it with a ScrollViewer to scroll through a DocumentContent's content.

Have a look at the AvalonDockTest-sample.

Aug 24, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Thanks Juergen,

What I want to be able to do is click on a list item (in another pane) and the corresponding tabbed document get focus although it may not

be shown yet because of space. For example, I have 6 tabbed documents, but only 4 are showing, if I click the bound list item for #6, I would like it

to at least shift into view and get focus to view that specific document. Right now I have to enlarge the entire application to see that document pane.

Aug 24, 2009 at 4:59 PM
Edited Aug 24, 2009 at 5:01 PM

now i know what you need.
it's very warm outside :-)
you need 2 buttons where you can navigate left or right throw the list.
Am I right?

Or do you need some methods to do this by code?

Aug 24, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Buttons would at least give the user the clue that there are more document panes (just hidden), so that would work. :-)

Jan 27, 2011 at 6:02 AM
Edited Jan 27, 2011 at 6:02 AM

Yes, Can anybody please tell me when will this feature be added?

Oct 24, 2011 at 10:21 PM

I've been working on getting this to work.  I have a StackOverflow question on it here: http://stackoverflow.com/q/7881709/13456

I've wrapped the DocumentTabPanel in a ScrollViewer, but it doesn't seem like the scrollviewer is getting overflowed.  If anyone has suggestions please let me know.