Oh Oh Oh

Sep 2, 2009 at 3:36 PM

More and more i'm using Avalon Dock i regognize more and more Bugs.

I don't understand how somebody can work with this Dock ? I am developing simple Application and it is noch possible for me to use AvalonDock for it.

For Example:

I want to add my Content dynamicly, when i use the following XAMLmy dockablePaneLeft is not visibile !

When i resize my WPF - Form it gets visible ?

<ad:DockingManager x:Name="mainDockManager" >

<ad:ResizingPanel Orientation="Horizontal" >

<ad:DockablePane x:Name="dockablePaneLeft" Background="White">

</ad:DockablePane>

<ad:DocumentPane x:Name="documentPaneRight">

</ad:DocumentPane>

</ad:ResizingPanel>

</ad:DockingManager>

Another Example:

When i derivate a Control from DocumentPane and want ot set the title (via Xaml or via Codebehinde), the Title is not been regongnized in the TabBar, when the documentPane is directly loaded into my dockablePaneLeft.

Puh, is AvalonDock dead or why nobody is able to fix this simple Bugs ?

Sep 4, 2009 at 11:02 AM
Edited Sep 4, 2009 at 11:02 AM

Hi Alex,
I use AvalonDock for a "I think" big project. Before that I used DevComponents Docking Suite, but AvalonDock works much better with WinForms-Contents.

I changed many methods in AvalonDock (see Discussions) and I am able to fix your problems. I tried to join the AvalonDock team but I didn't get an answer from ado or Christoph.
When I change some more functions, it's impossible to document all the changes. In the last few weeks I tried to fix problems, that users had with this control and I never got a result from them.

SharpDevelop uses it so I don't think it's dead.

Best regards,
Juergen

Sep 4, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Thanks Juergen,

Maybe you can create a "AvalonDock 2" project that will be more dynamic ? If the project owners are not reacting, maybe it is the only thing to do.

Thx

Sep 4, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Hi all,

first thanks for using AvalonDock.

The bug reported seems quite strange, I tested with latest version and it works as expected, it doesn't show anything. Why are you creating an empty dockable pane on the left?

The idea behind AvalonDock is that DockableContents are known at design time and they can be specified in XAML, DocumentContents otherwise are added at runtime as user open a new document. Could you please specify better what you are trying to do? Also why are you deriving from DocumentPane and why are you loading a documentPane into a DockablePane?

Regarding AvalonDock life, I was very busy during last month for a project im working on, but Im continuing to add features and fix bugs that I publish via SVN (see DocumentSource property and more on SVN page). In a couple of weeks 1.2 release version will be available.

Juergen: I had no time to merge your changes on AvalonDock, maybe you could please post them as SVN PATCH so I can check only the differences from my actual version. Sorry but I need carefully check every lines before publish it, SharpDevelop as well as many other project are now based on AvalonDock.

Thanks,

Ado

Sep 4, 2009 at 8:25 PM

Hi Ado,
I never tried it to make an SVN PATCH and hope it runs.
I uploaded it.

Juergen